**The product(s) mentioned in this post is purchased by me. I am not affiliated with any companies.**
This post is part of the mini series of experimentations making the Etude House eyeshadow work for me. My scientific experiment training helps me through many attempts of making small change at a time to finally find a solution (yep! 5 trials!!).
Let’s get on with it. In my last attempt, in order to have more eyeshadow colour showing on lids, I stupidly patted on another layer of it on top of the Aqua Seal which was supposed to seal the eyeshadow in.
Obviously this had failed miserably.
In this attempt, I layered on more eyeshadow and finish off with a layer of Aqua Seal patted carefully on eye lids.
Here’s what I used (same as last attempt):
Quick steps (Eyes only)
The only differences this time compared to the last are: no foundation on lids and more layer of eyeshadows.
(1) Apply foundation avoiding lids. Last attempt I had foundation on lids. Could be the reason it failed.
(2) Use NARS Smudgeproof primer. Wait for it to dry.
(3) Patted on Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe.
(4) LAYER on the eyeshadow. I think 3 layers in total.
(5) Drop 1 drop of MUFE Aqua Seal on palm. Use finger to take some liquid and dab (NO RUBBING) on lids. The eyeshadow this time doesn’t get “dissolved” significantly.
(6) Fan eye lids with both hands frantically to make Aqua Seal dry. It does take longer than primer to dry.
(7) Highlight brow bones and inner corner of eyes.
(8) Line lower waterline with MAC’s Power Surge liner.
(9) Line upper lash lines using gel liner (I had a major meeting so I had to make sure eyeliner stay put) and mascara (it’s from Dejavu). 🙂
Well, I am happy to report that the eyeshadow stayed put throughout the day. No more creasing and hence I am showing photos of it. I wouldn’t want to show picture of creased eye-shadow, would I? :p
Final thought about the Etude House Line Nuance Duo
The amount of time spent prepping the lid, not to mention additional products added, in order to prevent it from creasing is just… too much to ask from a busy mum who could barely juggle work and family on a daily basis. Also, using so many layers of products made my lids feel a bit heavy, if you know what I mean.
The formula clearly is not good enough for performance. Perhaps on a short trip to the department store or on dry lid ladies this is still acceptable?
Colour is gorgeous, but not enough for me to spend too much effort with it. Anyway, we can always find dupes of it, eh?
For now, I am craving for colours other than taupe. I have had enough of this shade for the moment, and I want to get back to my safe greys and midnight blues and olive greens. 😀
I will look for the next challenge nevertheless. Until then, sawadee ka (hello/good bye).